Brazilian beaches are extraordinary when it comes to designs of nature and reputation. The landscape stretches for thousands of miles. The crashing waves complete the scenery. The waves are ideal for surfers. The emerald coves draw thousands of visitors every year. The coastline of Brazil stretches for thousands of miles. This coastline is home to world-famous beaches that are secluded and isolated. Sand dunes and vast stretches of coconut trees captivate the mind. Copacabana beach is one such famous Brazilian beach.
Copacabana beach is located in Rio de Janeiro. The beach stretches for four kilometers. There is a plethora of activities offered by the beach. Go swimming in the blue waters or get sun tanned. Indulge in a game of football or volleyball on the sand. The period from June to August sees its fair share of rainfall.
Copacabana beach derives its name from the Copacabana Palace Hotel. The hotel was thrown open to the public in the year 1920. It is a major attraction for the famous and the wealthy. The local inhabitants are extremely hospitable. Copacabana beach is made up of white sand. The beach hosts parties throughout the year. The beach is replete with wonderful restaurants, trendy bars, and fashionable night clubs. All destinations are priced reasonably. These places of interest are sure to hold you spellbound.
The following are certain facts about Copacabana beach:
- The period from November to March sees most tourist activity. Tourists flock in large numbers and hotel prices go up. Parking can be a problem if you are driving. Public transport is highly recommended.
- Safety should receive top priority. The valuables carried should be a minimum. While you enjoy a quick dip in the water, make sure you do not leave any valuable in the sand. Do not wear jewelry or costly watches. Learning some Portuguese phrases will do wonders. Strolling on Copacabana beach at night is not recommended.
- There is a plethora of beach vendors offering umpteen goods and services. They may offer to apply sun block on your back or may sell sumptuous slices of pineapple.
- The bars that adorn the beach are quaint and fun. They serve chilled beer and tantalizing fruit juices. The sandwiches are a must-try.
- Lifeguards occupy various posts at the beach. Many tourists tend to gather at these posts.
- Surfing was once the most popular activity at Copacabana beach. However, the large amount of crowds has put a dampener on surfing.