Visiting the Greek Islands is an experience that lasts a lifetime. It makes sense to include the very best attractions and activities for yourself and your family. Your travel agent can help you plan your trip and include specific islands/beaches/attractions, or you can plan your own agenda.
Five places you must include for yourself and your family are:
Set your own course to see the islands by chartering a yacht
Fun for the whole family, you can hire a yacht and skipper to take you to the islands at your pace; setting the course you want. Instead of being part of a timed tour, you can take your time, enjoy local foods, attractions, and have a relaxed vacation. Your skipper may know parts of call where you can find crafts and souvenirs at prices better than the tourist markets.
Visit Paros Antiparos lslands for children’s activities
Paros Antiparos Islands have several activities for children. Classes offering lessons in traditional Greek and other forms of dance are offered all year long at the Paros Dance Academy. Take horseback riding lessons at Thanassis Farm or the Koku Horse Riding centre. For children who want to learn scuba diving, try the Cycladic Diving Academy or the Octopus Sea Trips.
There are many other activities for children on Paros, and adults are welcome to participate in most of the activities. Day camps are offered for those adults who want to sightsee in places difficult for little legs to climb or hike.
Excavations and museums on Santorini Island
If museums with ancient pottery, inscriptions and artefacts are to your taste, the museums on Santorini Island are a must to visit. Explore over 250 churches built throughout ancient and modern history. Multiple archaeological sites are open to the public. The site at Thira dates back to 9th century B.C. The site at Akrotiri dates back to the 4th millennia B.C. After seeing the sites, visit the red and black sand beaches on the island for sun, water and relaxation and later admire the magnificent Santorini sunset.
The ruins of Knossos on the Island of Crete
You must include a visit to the legendary ruins of Knossos where the foundation of the palace belonging to King Minos has been unearthed. King Minos, according to Greek mythology, was the son of Zeus and Europa. He was supposed to be the keeper of the Minotaur and the famous (or infamous) Labyrinth. Several winding passageways suggest the Labyrinth may have been real. The throne is a must- see. It is so large it has benches on either side. As you walk the site, you might begin to believe some of the legends may have had a basis in some fact.
Mykonos Island is host to numerous attractions
Petros the Pelican will allow visitors to pet, photograph and feed him treats. Numerous museums, churches, windmills and more are ready for you to explore. The nightlife on the island is equally attractive with restaurants and clubs for every taste. Stay on the island, or make it a day trip.
With so many islands surrounding the mainland, you have a number of options for airports you can fly into from the UK. It’s easy to hop between the islands using the many boat services around so if you plan on visiting more than one island, you can pick the best deal on your flights to one of the local airports and then base your route round the islands around where you land.
Greece Vacation Ideas:
Hop Around the Greek Islands for Sun and Adventure | UltimateGetaways
Greece – A Honeymoon Destination for Lovers of Beaches and Culture | ExoticHoneymoonDestinations
Things To Do in Corfu, Greece | BeachTraveller
Find Cheap Apartments in Halkidki | BestBudgetHotelReviews
Five top activities to do on the Greek Islands | 100PlacestoTravel
Top Greek Attractions | TheAdventureTravel
A Greek Island Cruise | BestBudgetCruiseLine
Off The Beaten Path in Greece | TravelDestinationGuide
Walking in Crete and Samaria Gorge | TravelDope
Finding the right holiday rentals in Greece | RentForYourVacation
- Top five things to see and do in Tenerife
- Four Top Reasons Why You Must Visit Arc 1950, France
- Why Should You Take Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tours in Budapest?
- Why Should You Visit Prague for Your Bachelor Party?
- Pub Crawl in Budapest – Top 5 Things You Need To Know
- Interesting Places to visit in Luxembourg
- Must See Attractions in Zurich, Switzerland
- Sozopol Bulgaria Travel guide and information
- 5 places to eat during your tempting Tallinn Tours
- Travel Tips to Greece – The Land Of Olympiads
- Why Visit Greece?
- Explore and Unravel: Ardrossan
- Attractions in Madrid Spain
- Tourist Attractions in Berlin
- London Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Stuttgart Germany
- Attractions in France
- Amazing Attractions in Italy
- Sights in Gran Canaria
- Give Yourself a Break This Summer
- Dublin Zoo – Ireland’s most popular tourist attraction
- Rock of Cashel – the most visited Heritage site in Ireland
- Lisbon’s Berardo Collection Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Visiting Protaras, Cyprus
- Visiting San Marino: Europe’s Oldest Republic
- Gibraltar Seen Through its Animals, Birds, Gardens and Sea Life
- Certosa di Pavia: Historic Carthusian Monastery near Milan, Italy
- Rome, A City With Something For Everyone
- Walking Tour of London: Around Trafalgar Square
- Luxury All Inclusive Holidays in the British Countryside
- Five top activities to do on the Greek Islands
- Retezat National Park
- London’s Architectural Wonders
- Visit the historic capital city of Ireland – Dublin
- Liverpool attractions
- Florence Italy attractions
- Ireland – Nice Place to Travel Alone
- Grand Canal Venice
- Manchester – Sights and Attractions
- London Dungeon: Experience the terror closely
- Park Guell: Cool gem from Antonio Gaudi
- Dublin Castle
- Sistine Chapel, Rome
- Nice, France
- Picasso Museum Barcelona
- Edinburgh Dungeons: Face the darkest Scottish moments
- Capitoline Museums in Rome
- Rialto Venice
- Menorca Beaches
- Kendal Cumbria: A True Wonder