Visitors who have been to Key West before will never forget the sight of the fabulous sunset or a trip to the Old Town lane. Key West bars, located at Duval Street, also have a lasting impression on visitor’s minds.
First-time visitors will never be disappointed. Key West has something in it for everybody. The seas offer some of the most wonderful opportunities for saltwater fishing. Fishing is a popular activity for amateur as well as professional fishermen. Some of the restaurants at Key West offer the best seafood. Go kayaking in the backcountry or catch a glimpse of the dolphins in the wild sea.
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Key West
The coral reefs and wrecks surrounding Key West offer spectacular opportunities for diving and snorkeling. Facilities for wreck diving are few, but are world-class in nature. The Gen. Hoyt S. Vandenberg was deliberately sunk on May 27th to create an artificial reef that was seven miles off Key West. The Vandenberg is only the second-largest ship to be purposefully sunk to create an artificial reef. There is an abundance of tropical fish in the reefs. You can also indulge in snorkeling by boarding a catamaran or schooner. Diving during the night is also available through the large, dive boats.
There is never a dull moment at Key West. There is always some activity at every month of the year. The calendar of events is packed with fishing tournaments. This is done in order to celebrate the Conch Republic Independence. Every October, there is Fantasy Fest, which is the local festival.
Accommodations at Key West
Key West is not just a fun place. It can be ideal for relaxation as well. There are accommodations in Key West that suit every pocket. Some of the guesthouses and inns are opulent and extravagant. Each inn has tropical landscaping. Some of the guesthouses are reminiscent of an oasis set in a tropical rainforest.
There are some resorts in Key West that offer full service. These resorts are spread along the length and breadth of the island. The resorts have some wonderful packages for families. There are also many budget accommodations for the thrifty traveler.
Key West Marinas
Watching the sun set by the serene and calm waters would leave you begging for more. Get in touch with the tropical reefs located offshore. Hire a charter and head into the Straits of Florida or Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy a sunset or day time cruise on board a catamaran or tall ship. Take a tour through the backcountry flats. Try going for an excursion to Fort Jefferson. The seas are ideal for romance and adventure.
There are umpteen restaurants and bars in Key West. You can always bet on the quality of local seafood. Restaurants that offer views of the sea are always a hit. Some of the most beautiful views are those of the sunset. Some watering holes have local music bands performing throughout the night. Others offer breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Best time of the year to visit Hawaii
- Downtown LA Walking Tours
- Ritz-Carlton Kapalua
- Let’s Take a Tour of the Alaska Cruises
- Denver Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Downtown Chicago
- San Diego Tourist Attractions
- Main Attractions in San Francisco
- Walt Disney World – the most visited vacation resort in the World
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park – an unforgettable family getaway
- Oklahoma Is OK When it Comes to Museums, Just Choose Your Topic
- Savannah, GA in a Day
- Dallas Travel and Tourism Guide – Top Tourist Attractions
- Unique Places to See When on Sanibel Island, Florida
- Top 8 East Coast Destinations for Senior Travel
- 4 Hotels in the Historic District of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Aquariums: Best Places for Summer, Family, and Affordable Fun
- 3 Great Lakes to Visit in California
- Tourist’s guide to the Islands of Hawaii
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
- Vermont attractions
- Golden Gate Park: Where all diverse creatures come together
- Death Valley National Park
- The Beauty Of Myrtle Beach All Inclusive Vacations
- Tangier Island
- Visit the Naples Zoo at the beautiful Caribbean Gardens
- Vancouver Aquarium: Marine gem in British Columbia
- Niagara Falls – A Natural Wonder
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Haleakala National Park: House of the Sun in Hawaii
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
- Lyric Theater, Miami
- Osceola County Courthouse, Kissimmee
- Waikiki Beach
- Venice Beach
- Inner Harbor, Baltimore
- Santa Monica
- Yosemite National Park California
- Chinatown New York
- Times Square New York
- The Statue of Liberty
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Central Park New York
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Key West Vacations
- Alcatraz San Francisco
- Universal Studio Rides
- Empire State Building
- Las Vegas Casinos
- Walt Disney World