No city is as freely endowed with marvels of architecture at every corner as London. The city is known for being a center for arts and history.
The numerous buildings and historical structures in the city stand in picture book testimony to the historical significance as well as the culture of the region. The place is worth visiting for history and art enthusiasts.
One of the most noted as well as among the most ancient of London’s Buildings is the Westminster Abbey. The abbey has been the site where British Monarchs get coroneted, right since AD 1066. Royal Weddings also take place here. This is one of the main centers of history.
The Palace of Westminster is located within close distance to the River Thames and Westminster Bridge. This is where the Houses of Parliament and Government meetings are taken place. Foreign tourists are not generally allowed in, but there are certain ways to.
Buckingham Palace is of course a world famous destination. The reigning monarch has been staying here since 1837, when Queen Victoria stayed here first. More than fifty thousand travelers come to see the palace in a year. Do not miss the changing of the guards event at all.
St Paul’s Cathedral is located at the pea of the Ludgate Hill and is the second in terms of size in the entire United Kingdom. The dome here is the highest in the world.
- Top five things to see and do in Tenerife
- Four Top Reasons Why You Must Visit Arc 1950, France
- Why Should You Take Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tours in Budapest?
- Why Should You Visit Prague for Your Bachelor Party?
- Pub Crawl in Budapest – Top 5 Things You Need To Know
- Interesting Places to visit in Luxembourg
- Must See Attractions in Zurich, Switzerland
- Sozopol Bulgaria Travel guide and information
- 5 places to eat during your tempting Tallinn Tours
- Travel Tips to Greece – The Land Of Olympiads
- Why Visit Greece?
- Explore and Unravel: Ardrossan
- Attractions in Madrid Spain
- Tourist Attractions in Berlin
- London Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Stuttgart Germany
- Attractions in France
- Amazing Attractions in Italy
- Sights in Gran Canaria
- Give Yourself a Break This Summer
- Dublin Zoo – Ireland’s most popular tourist attraction
- Rock of Cashel – the most visited Heritage site in Ireland
- Lisbon’s Berardo Collection Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Visiting Protaras, Cyprus
- Visiting San Marino: Europe’s Oldest Republic
- Gibraltar Seen Through its Animals, Birds, Gardens and Sea Life
- Certosa di Pavia: Historic Carthusian Monastery near Milan, Italy
- Rome, A City With Something For Everyone
- Walking Tour of London: Around Trafalgar Square
- Luxury All Inclusive Holidays in the British Countryside
- Five top activities to do on the Greek Islands
- Retezat National Park
- London’s Architectural Wonders
- Visit the historic capital city of Ireland – Dublin
- Liverpool attractions
- Florence Italy attractions
- Ireland – Nice Place to Travel Alone
- Grand Canal Venice
- Manchester – Sights and Attractions
- London Dungeon: Experience the terror closely
- Park Guell: Cool gem from Antonio Gaudi
- Dublin Castle
- Sistine Chapel, Rome
- Nice, France
- Picasso Museum Barcelona
- Edinburgh Dungeons: Face the darkest Scottish moments
- Capitoline Museums in Rome
- Rialto Venice
- Menorca Beaches
- Kendal Cumbria: A True Wonder