Brits love to travel abroad for holidays, but there is now a growing demand for upscale tourism within the British Isles. There has always been a steady flow of visitors from abroad who wish to experience British culture. For many this means city breaks to see the sights in London and this is often combined with a rural experience. Areas like The Lake District and Devon are world renowned for their natural beauty. While short breaks and day trips have always been popular for Brits, there is now an emerging market for higher quality self catering accommodation like luxury cottages. For all-inclusive holidays visit Holiday Hypermarket website.
The Lake District
The weather often puts a dampener on a UK break. The rise of the luxury holiday cottage has created a weather-proof option. Holidaymakers are experiencing accommodation which is altogether more comfortable, with better facilities. These new breed of self catering large holiday homes often come complete with washing machines, the latest home entertainment systems and other indoor entertainment. Now when it is too rainy to enjoy the countryside, guests can enjoy a game of pool or spend the afternoon cooking on a wood burning stove.
Hotels are now beginning to offer luxury cottages within their grounds as holidaymakers demand a more independent experience. For most the lure of a private property set in the countryside is the ideal setting for a relaxing break. The biggest increase in these new holiday homes has come from farmers who are converting old and unused buildings, such as barns, into luxurious cottages. This provides visitors with the remote setting which is so attractive, combined with traditional features like wood ceiling beams.
Luxury Barn Conversion
One of the leading websites offering this type of holiday experience is Unique Holiday Cottages. Their website has seen a massive rise in visitors over the past few months. Holidaymakers are tired of rising flight prices, inconsistent service levels abroad and long travel times. Generally people find a higher level of service from small British outfits offering holiday cottages in The Lake District and other areas. Other popular regions to visit for beautiful countryside include Dorset, Wales, Cornwall and Somerset.
- Top five things to see and do in Tenerife
- Four Top Reasons Why You Must Visit Arc 1950, France
- Why Should You Take Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tours in Budapest?
- Why Should You Visit Prague for Your Bachelor Party?
- Pub Crawl in Budapest – Top 5 Things You Need To Know
- Interesting Places to visit in Luxembourg
- Must See Attractions in Zurich, Switzerland
- Sozopol Bulgaria Travel guide and information
- 5 places to eat during your tempting Tallinn Tours
- Travel Tips to Greece – The Land Of Olympiads
- Why Visit Greece?
- Explore and Unravel: Ardrossan
- Attractions in Madrid Spain
- Tourist Attractions in Berlin
- London Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Stuttgart Germany
- Attractions in France
- Amazing Attractions in Italy
- Sights in Gran Canaria
- Give Yourself a Break This Summer
- Dublin Zoo – Ireland’s most popular tourist attraction
- Rock of Cashel – the most visited Heritage site in Ireland
- Lisbon’s Berardo Collection Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Visiting Protaras, Cyprus
- Visiting San Marino: Europe’s Oldest Republic
- Gibraltar Seen Through its Animals, Birds, Gardens and Sea Life
- Certosa di Pavia: Historic Carthusian Monastery near Milan, Italy
- Rome, A City With Something For Everyone
- Walking Tour of London: Around Trafalgar Square
- Luxury All Inclusive Holidays in the British Countryside
- Five top activities to do on the Greek Islands
- Retezat National Park
- London’s Architectural Wonders
- Visit the historic capital city of Ireland – Dublin
- Liverpool attractions
- Florence Italy attractions
- Ireland – Nice Place to Travel Alone
- Grand Canal Venice
- Manchester – Sights and Attractions
- London Dungeon: Experience the terror closely
- Park Guell: Cool gem from Antonio Gaudi
- Dublin Castle
- Sistine Chapel, Rome
- Nice, France
- Picasso Museum Barcelona
- Edinburgh Dungeons: Face the darkest Scottish moments
- Capitoline Museums in Rome
- Rialto Venice
- Menorca Beaches
- Kendal Cumbria: A True Wonder