Manchester is situated in the south central portion of North West England. The city is of course known for its football heritage, but is also equally rewarding with respect to its attractions related to arts, culture and others. It is a center of commerce, media, education as well as commerce. The city is among the best places to live in the United Kingdom, as well as one of the best places to start a new business. The city is ranked the third in terms of popularity in the UK, and is visited by travelers from U itself, as well as from all over the world.
Main sights . . .
Museum of Science and Industry . . .
Museum of Science and Industry is one of the best visits in Manchester. The museum is excellent if you want to have insights about the latest in innovations and technological advances. There are twelve galleries in total, and was built on what was once the oldest railroad station in the world. There are ancient steam locomotives on display at the Power Hall, as well as veteran cars, all of which were made in Manchester itself.
The John Rylands Library . . .
The John Rylands Library was established in 1653, and is home to more than 5 mn manuscripts and titles. The neo Gothic building it is housed in is located to the south west of the Chetham’s Hospital in Deansgate.
Marton Town . . .
Marton is a minuscule market town in the city and is noted for its church, which is among the most ancient in Europe itself. The Church of St James and St Paul was established in 1343, and is one of the most visited attractions here.
Chinatown . . .
The Chinatown at Manchester is one of the biggest Chinese communities in Great Britain. It is close to the City Arts Gallery. The entrance to the Chinese district has an ornate arched gateway. There are a huge number of succulent cuisines from Peking, Hong Kong and other places in China. You can also buy handicrafts at the Chinese Arts center at Charlotte Street.
- Top five things to see and do in Tenerife
- Must See Attractions in Zurich, Switzerland
- Sozopol Bulgaria Travel guide and information
- 5 places to eat during your tempting Tallinn Tours
- Travel Tips to Greece – The Land Of Olympiads
- Why Visit Greece?
- Explore and Unravel: Ardrossan
- Attractions in Madrid Spain
- Tourist Attractions in Berlin
- London Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Stuttgart Germany
- Attractions in France
- Amazing Attractions in Italy
- Sights in Gran Canaria
- Give Yourself a Break This Summer
- Dublin Zoo – Ireland’s most popular tourist attraction
- Rock of Cashel – the most visited Heritage site in Ireland
- Lisbon’s Berardo Collection Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Visiting Protaras, Cyprus
- Visiting San Marino: Europe’s Oldest Republic
- Gibraltar Seen Through its Animals, Birds, Gardens and Sea Life
- Certosa di Pavia: Historic Carthusian Monastery near Milan, Italy
- Rome, A City With Something For Everyone
- Walking Tour of London: Around Trafalgar Square
- Luxury All Inclusive Holidays in the British Countryside
- Five top activities to do on the Greek Islands
- Retezat National Park
- London’s Architectural Wonders
- Visit the historic capital city of Ireland – Dublin
- Liverpool attractions
- Florence Italy attractions
- Ireland – Nice Place to Travel Alone
- Grand Canal Venice
- Manchester – Sights and Attractions
- London Dungeon: Experience the terror closely
- Park Guell: Cool gem from Antonio Gaudi
- Dublin Castle
- Sistine Chapel, Rome
- Nice, France
- Picasso Museum Barcelona
- Edinburgh Dungeons: Face the darkest Scottish moments
- Capitoline Museums in Rome
- Rialto Venice
- Menorca Beaches
- Kendal Cumbria: A True Wonder
- Magic Fountain, Barcelona
- Edinburgh Castle in Scotland
- Monte Carlo Monaco tours
- Houses of Parliament with Big Ben
- Edinburgh Dungeon