Located on the northwest of Samui, Nathon is the major port and seafront settlement where express and night ferries from the piers in Surat Thani arrive and tourists can get away to other beaches and islands in the Gulf of Thailand.
Its closeness to the island’s main car ferry pier makes Nathon a convenient choice for anyone driving to koh Samui from the mainland. The beach has fine white sand and there are no rocks or coral in the water, making it one of the best beaches for kids on the island. The water is also very shallow for up to 100 metres out.
There are a few well-spaced bungalow operations, of which Big John Seafood is the most popular. Their attached restaurant is also well worth a visit. There are also now a couple of beachside luxury villa properties for rent. Nathon is also home to the Samui Dhama Healing Centre one of Samui’s more intense fasting spas. Apart from the beach, there’s little else to do in the area – its very remoteness is what makes it most attractive to the regular visitors, who come in quite large numbers. It is certainly not the place to come for a party and this is reflected in the older demographic of tourists here.
There’s not much in the way of entertainment in the area but driving through the coconut plantations will provide you with a pleasant and relaxing sense of being in tropical paradise.
Nathon is one of the tantalizing spots for a little town life. It is a tourist town now where shops, restaurants, tour agencies and hotels are located. In a sense, amid the touristy atmosphere you can still experience an authentic local village through a walk in town. Nathon retains a few old teak Chinese shop-houses and cafes.
- Top things to do in Tenerife
- Intense Diving in exotic Oman
- How to Travel to Japan on a Budget
- What to know about traveling in Malaysia
- Best Travel destinations in Thailand
- Traveling in Phuket, Thailand
- Reasons to Visit Bali: Inspirational Food
- Rent A Villa For Your Perfect Holiday
- Coral Cove Bay
- Hua Thanon
- Nathon Koh Samui
- Best Time for Golf in Hua Hin
- Ways to Travel Light while in the Philippines
- Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
- Israel Travel Guide
- Hidden Paradise – Ziarat Valley in Balochistan
- Beach Resorts in Goa Truly Heavenly
- Few places of interest in the Maldives
- Palm Jumeirah: Man-made wonder in Dubai
- Things to do in Bali: A Complete Holiday Experience
- Koh Samui, Thailand
- Tiananmen Square, Beijing
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai
- Victoria Peak, Hong Kong
- Repulse Bay
- Red Fort in Delhi
- Taj Mahal
- Great Wall of China