The Palm Jumeirah refer to the collection of islands on the artificial archipelago that is the result of the land reclamation by the Dubai government firm called Nakheel. It holds all the requirements that are needed for a memorable holiday break, which range right from the popular hotels, thrilling tourist attractions, and to luxury trends. This inspirational holiday destination is perfect even if you just want to relax, rather than soaking yourself into an enticing leisure and entertainment world. In fact, I would say that Palm Jumeirah is a creative retreat for those who are hunting something unique and never seen before destination. And yes, without any doubt, it is the just the ideal place for your kids too. So, why not plan to come here with your family this time?
At Palm Jumeirah, the guests can unwind themselves in the spas, enjoy the superb sunsets, chill down in pools as well as gardens, explore the marine world, and dine at the alluring restaurant. Besides, this island itself is home to a plethora of daytime activities in form of theme parks, water sports, aquariums, and miles of refreshing beaches. When the sun sets, entertainment knocks the doors of clubs as well as show venues for endless late night fun. Therefore, the possibilities at Palm Jumeirah are really endless!
This man-made wonder is among the three islands (Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira), which together are termed as the Palm Islands, the Eight Wonder of the World, stretching until the Persian Gulf and hence extending the shoreline of Dubai up to 320 miles. Among these three, the Palm Jumeirah is the smallest one and is on the coastal zone of Dubai. Carved in the shape of the Palm tree, the entire structure is composed of 16 fronds, a crown, a trunk, as well as a flanking crescent of 6.8 miles long breakwater.
Connecting the crown to the mainland by bridge and crescent to the palm’s top via a sub sea tunnel, the island doubling the Dubai’s coastline length is believed to become the world’s premier resort. The developer’s publicity material has revealed that this atoll will soon become the home of several themed hotels, apartments, marinas, beaches, retail outlets, restaurants, and three villa types (Garden Homes, Signature Villas, and Canal Cove Town Homes).
Currently, the attractions here include Oceana Resort & Spa, Atlantis, The Palm (2008), One & Only Resort (2010), The Taj Exotica Hotel & Resort (in construction), Ottoman Palace Hotel and Resort (2010), Essque Palm Jumeirah (2010), The Fairmont Palm Residence, The Dubai Estates Hotel & Park, Hotel Missoni Dubai, and Radisson SAS Hotel Dubai. Among these, at least as of now, the top most attraction is the Atlantis featuring:
- More than 1500 rooms
- Big Aquaventure (water play area) offering ‘Ziggurat’ with many slides in a shark-filled lagoon, uphill coasters, tidal wave pool, wave river winds, white-water rapids, waterfalls, wave surges, zero-entry pools, waterslide towers all for free for those who have book the resort
- Splashers water playground for kids featuring water jets, slides, games, climbing structures
- Beach area for kayaking, windsurfing, and climbing walls
- Ambassador Lagoon featuring Lost-City-themed relics
- Themed Lost Chambers maze packed with subterranean passageways towards marine exhibits
- The Dolphin Bay lagoon with linked pools of dolphins
- 17 restaurants
- The Avenues for shopping and restaurants
- The Zone for state-of-the-art games for kids and adults
- Two F-100 fighter jets submerged to form an artificial reef for divers
Rates for the Atlantis per night start from USD 405, but it will include unlimited fun at Aquaventure and Lost Chambers. However, just take care of certain things here – it is tucked away from the mainland making it isolated, reservations are required for the restaurants, outside guests are always present, and that many reported of teeth problems. So, check that out!
- Top five things to see and do in Tenerife
- How Much Does It Cost To Rent A Sea View Property In Malaysia?
- 9 unbelievable things you never knew about buying condos in Dubai
- An Unexpected Trip to Koh Rong
- Intense Diving in exotic Oman
- How to Travel to Japan on a Budget
- What to know about traveling in Malaysia
- Best Travel destinations in Thailand
- Traveling in Phuket, Thailand
- Reasons to Visit Bali: Inspirational Food
- Rent A Villa For Your Perfect Holiday
- Coral Cove Bay
- Hua Thanon
- Nathon Koh Samui
- Best Time for Golf in Hua Hin
- Ways to Travel Light while in the Philippines
- Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
- Israel Travel Guide
- Hidden Paradise – Ziarat Valley in Balochistan
- Beach Resorts in Goa Truly Heavenly
- Few places of interest in the Maldives
- Palm Jumeirah: Man-made wonder in Dubai
- Things to do in Bali: A Complete Holiday Experience
- Koh Samui, Thailand
- Tiananmen Square, Beijing
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai
- Victoria Peak, Hong Kong
- Repulse Bay
- Red Fort in Delhi
- Taj Mahal
- Great Wall of China