If you’re looking out for dizzying mountain peaks reflecting in crystal clear alpine lakes and a union with nature’s abundant wildlife, without digging to deep into your pockets, then maybe you should consider a trip to the Rocky Mountain National Park. This exclusive and beautiful park is located in the north-central region of Colorado. As if it could not get any better, the park is bordered by the Routt National Forest on the northwest, the Roosevelt National Forest on the east and north and the Arapaho National Forest to the southwest.
The Rocky Mountain National Park is so alluring that it attracts over three million visitors per year. Brace yourself to take deep breaths of crisp mountain air, catch your breath at snow capped peaks, hike through lush green meadows and be on the look out for bighorn sheep, elk, marmots, moose and bear.
The Rocky Mountain National Park is open 365 days a year, though summer season is the most popular time to visit the place. Visitors to the park can come in and exit whenever they choose. Please note, though that the park officials can close certain sections of the park if they feel it’s risky or if they need to protect resources. Those tourists looking to stay overnight must have a valid permit. Also, you have to stay in a backcountry campsite or a chosen campground site.
If you’re on the lookout for a budget holiday, then look no further because this is the most perfect place for an economical tourist who is not looking to compromise on fun. The entry to the park is only USD 20 for those with four-wheelers. The permit is valid for a week. Those coming by foot or two-wheelers have to pay an entry of only USD 10, which once again is valid for a week.
You can opt to explore the park yourself or register yourself for a tour. The fee usually depends on passenger capacity. Usually a bus containing 1-6 people charges USD 25.
There are plenty of things to see and do at the Rocky Mountain National Park. This includes wildlife viewing, backcountry camping, horseback riding, climbing and mountaineering, going for scenic drives, fishing, sight seeing etc. In terms of travel, free shuttle buses run in the Bear Lake corridor. Please noite that these buses are not in service during the winter.
There are plenty of options for lodging in the Rocky Mountain National Park. This ranges from those looking for exclusive stay options to more budget lodgings. The best option to stay for those looking to be economical is to opt for the camping option. I stayed at the Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Resort in Estes Park. You can rent a cabin here. It’s an ideal way to explore the outdoors without it getting too rough. If not a cabin, you can opt to stay in a traditional tent. It’s an ideal way to loose yourself in nature. All tents have electricity.
Now while the best way to experience the park is by roasting a sausage on an open fire, for those less adventurous there are plenty of restaurants, fast food, fine dining, delis & takeout joints available. I ate a place called the Sweet Basilico. The food was amazing and very reasonable. If you don’t want o experiment, don’t worry, you can just get into a trusty McDonald’s outlet or a Subway.
- Best time of the year to visit Hawaii
- Downtown LA Walking Tours
- Ritz-Carlton Kapalua
- Let’s Take a Tour of the Alaska Cruises
- Denver Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Downtown Chicago
- San Diego Tourist Attractions
- Main Attractions in San Francisco
- Walt Disney World – the most visited vacation resort in the World
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park – an unforgettable family getaway
- Oklahoma Is OK When it Comes to Museums, Just Choose Your Topic
- Savannah, GA in a Day
- Dallas Travel and Tourism Guide – Top Tourist Attractions
- Unique Places to See When on Sanibel Island, Florida
- Top 8 East Coast Destinations for Senior Travel
- 4 Hotels in the Historic District of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Aquariums: Best Places for Summer, Family, and Affordable Fun
- 3 Great Lakes to Visit in California
- Tourist’s guide to the Islands of Hawaii
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
- Vermont attractions
- Golden Gate Park: Where all diverse creatures come together
- Death Valley National Park
- The Beauty Of Myrtle Beach All Inclusive Vacations
- Tangier Island
- Visit the Naples Zoo at the beautiful Caribbean Gardens
- Vancouver Aquarium: Marine gem in British Columbia
- Niagara Falls – A Natural Wonder
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Haleakala National Park: House of the Sun in Hawaii
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
- Lyric Theater, Miami
- Osceola County Courthouse, Kissimmee
- Waikiki Beach
- Venice Beach
- Inner Harbor, Baltimore
- Santa Monica
- Yosemite National Park California
- Chinatown New York
- Times Square New York
- The Statue of Liberty
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Central Park New York
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Key West Vacations
- Alcatraz San Francisco
- Universal Studio Rides
- Empire State Building
- Las Vegas Casinos
- Walt Disney World