One of the most common reasons for tourists to visit Santa Monica is the wonderful Southern California beach. Santa Monica has a stretch of nearly 3.5 miles of well-preserved beach locations. It receives more than 340 days of sunshine annually. The ocean breeze is gentle and soothing.
Some of the popular activities at Santa Monica beach include cycling and beach volleyball. The site is commonly used for movie shoots. The people of the area are vibrant and full of life. Due to the pristine nature of the beach, travelers throng this area in large numbers.
Santa Monica Beach is endowed with many qualities. It is an asset of California. The city cleans and rakes the sand on a daily basis. It also offers ‘trash valet’ on Fridays and weekends. Not to mention the holiday season. There are well-equipped lifeguard stations. The lifeguards are well-trained and are present during the daylight hours. The lifeguard headquarters at the beach provides 24-hour help for all 365 days of the year.
Some of the popular activities to indulge in while at Santa Monica include swimming, surfing, biking, volleyball, and fishing.
Santa Monica Pier, which is a phenomenon, offers tremendous entertainment opportunities. The dining and shopping facilities are state-of-the-art and world-class. The rides of Pacific Park will give you a thrill that is unparalleled. Santa Monica is also home to the historic, 1922 Carousel and an aquarium that is interactive. Go strolling along the planks of the Pier. Enjoy wonderful street performances by musicians and artists. Do not miss the street vendors and the splendid sunsets along the coast of California.
Parking is limited to the Pier Deck and the Beachfront. It is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Parking for short intervals is also available.
You have to shell out a lot for parking in Santa Monica because of the jogging and cycling tracks, Pacific Park amusements located at Santa Monica Pier, and shopping area that have three themes. There are in excess of 20 historic buildings that adorn Santa Monica. It is not easy to come across vacant stretches of land in such a popular area. Therefore, patience is of utmost significance. This will ensure that your vacation is full of fun and high spirits.
Pacific Park is situated on Colorado Boulevard and Ocean Avenue. Travelers do not have to pay for entrance to the park. However, you will have to pay for games and rides. The park is open on all days of the week.
- Best time of the year to visit Hawaii
- Downtown LA Walking Tours
- Ritz-Carlton Kapalua
- Let’s Take a Tour of the Alaska Cruises
- Denver Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Downtown Chicago
- San Diego Tourist Attractions
- Main Attractions in San Francisco
- Walt Disney World – the most visited vacation resort in the World
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park – an unforgettable family getaway
- Oklahoma Is OK When it Comes to Museums, Just Choose Your Topic
- Savannah, GA in a Day
- Dallas Travel and Tourism Guide – Top Tourist Attractions
- Unique Places to See When on Sanibel Island, Florida
- Top 8 East Coast Destinations for Senior Travel
- 4 Hotels in the Historic District of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Aquariums: Best Places for Summer, Family, and Affordable Fun
- 3 Great Lakes to Visit in California
- Tourist’s guide to the Islands of Hawaii
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
- Vermont attractions
- Golden Gate Park: Where all diverse creatures come together
- Death Valley National Park
- The Beauty Of Myrtle Beach All Inclusive Vacations
- Tangier Island
- Visit the Naples Zoo at the beautiful Caribbean Gardens
- Vancouver Aquarium: Marine gem in British Columbia
- Niagara Falls – A Natural Wonder
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Haleakala National Park: House of the Sun in Hawaii
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
- Lyric Theater, Miami
- Osceola County Courthouse, Kissimmee
- Waikiki Beach
- Venice Beach
- Inner Harbor, Baltimore
- Santa Monica
- Yosemite National Park California
- Chinatown New York
- Times Square New York
- The Statue of Liberty
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Central Park New York
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Key West Vacations
- Alcatraz San Francisco
- Universal Studio Rides
- Empire State Building
- Las Vegas Casinos
- Walt Disney World