The Sistine Chapel is famous around the globe for its breathtaking painted murals and this is part of the reason for its popularity. Unfortunately, this also means that the Sistine chapel is often swarming with visitors however, this is something that should not be missed when in the area.
It is interesting to note that the Sistine Chapel does function as a chapel and therefore talking within its walls is not permitted. Visitors are also not allowed to take photographs inside the Sistine Chapel. The Sistine Chapel is a valuable part of the Vatican Museums and other buildings included in the Vatican Palaces are the Belvedere Palace and Raphael’s Rooms.
Although entry to the Sistine Chapel is, for most people, the highlight of a visit to the Vatican Museums, there is a range of other exciting art and treasures to see and experience. The separate museums and collections at the Vatican Museums include the Gregorian Egyptian Museum, the Gregorian Etruscan Museum, a picture gallery and Missionary-Ethnological Museum. These individual collections offer an assortment of paintings, tapestries, sculptures and mosaics and provide a cultural treat to their visitors.
It is highly recommended to reserve tickets in advance to the Vatican Museums due to the popularity of the location.
Making an advance reservation may help to avoid the line at the entrance and allow the visit into Rome’s rich history to begin quicker.
The Vatican Museums boast over four million visitors annually and constitute an important part of Rome’s heritage. When in Rome, this is something that one has to do. For tourists, a visit to the Vatican Museums is a real experience and one that should not be missed as after all, one is not in Rome every day.
- Top five things to see and do in Tenerife
- Why Should You Visit Prague for Your Bachelor Party?
- Pub Crawl in Budapest – Top 5 Things You Need To Know
- Interesting Places to visit in Luxembourg
- Must See Attractions in Zurich, Switzerland
- Sozopol Bulgaria Travel guide and information
- 5 places to eat during your tempting Tallinn Tours
- Travel Tips to Greece – The Land Of Olympiads
- Why Visit Greece?
- Explore and Unravel: Ardrossan
- Attractions in Madrid Spain
- Tourist Attractions in Berlin
- London Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Stuttgart Germany
- Attractions in France
- Amazing Attractions in Italy
- Sights in Gran Canaria
- Give Yourself a Break This Summer
- Dublin Zoo – Ireland’s most popular tourist attraction
- Rock of Cashel – the most visited Heritage site in Ireland
- Lisbon’s Berardo Collection Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Visiting Protaras, Cyprus
- Visiting San Marino: Europe’s Oldest Republic
- Gibraltar Seen Through its Animals, Birds, Gardens and Sea Life
- Certosa di Pavia: Historic Carthusian Monastery near Milan, Italy
- Rome, A City With Something For Everyone
- Walking Tour of London: Around Trafalgar Square
- Luxury All Inclusive Holidays in the British Countryside
- Five top activities to do on the Greek Islands
- Retezat National Park
- London’s Architectural Wonders
- Visit the historic capital city of Ireland – Dublin
- Liverpool attractions
- Florence Italy attractions
- Ireland – Nice Place to Travel Alone
- Grand Canal Venice
- Manchester – Sights and Attractions
- London Dungeon: Experience the terror closely
- Park Guell: Cool gem from Antonio Gaudi
- Dublin Castle
- Sistine Chapel, Rome
- Nice, France
- Picasso Museum Barcelona
- Edinburgh Dungeons: Face the darkest Scottish moments
- Capitoline Museums in Rome
- Rialto Venice
- Menorca Beaches
- Kendal Cumbria: A True Wonder
- Magic Fountain, Barcelona
- Edinburgh Castle in Scotland