An East Coast vacation could be just what you need to relax and get away from it all. Whether you’re planning a summer getaway or mid-winter retreat, there several destinations along the Eastern seaboard that cater to travelers looking for low-key activities. Head to the East Coast for a fall foliage tour or just spend a few days exploring some national monuments, landmarks, and historic sites. Many towns and destinations along the East Coast are also home to some of the nation’s most beautiful beaches.
Here are eight attractive East Coast destinations for senior travelers:
#1: Boston, Massachusetts
Head over to the historic city of Boston to walk The Freedom Trail and see some of the historic sites, monuments, and buildings that played a significant role in shaping our nation’s history. Guided senior tour package options include a harbor sunset cruise and a Boston Ducks tour.
#2: Hilton Head, South Carolina
This sleepy resort town can be an attractive getaway for retirees and seniors who want to spend most of their time at the beach.
#3: Williamsburg , Virginia
Another town rich with history and culture, Williamsburg is home to numerous family-friendly tourist attractions, some beautiful gardens, and plays host to several national celebrations and events throughout the year.
#4: Ogunquit , Maine
A quieter beach town on the Eastern seaboard, Ogunquit is home to several attractive vacation rental properties and beach houses. Head here to enjoy some fresh seafood at one of the cozy, family restaurants and just enjoy the relaxing setting.
#5: Stowe, Vermont
Even though this is a famous ski resort destination, Stowe boasts a small-town charm and can be a good match for senior travelers and retirees looking for a unique place to explore. Head here to visit some locally-owned shops and visit some historic attractions and sites on a self-guided walk.
#6: Outer Banks, North Carolina
Whether you want to spend your days boating, fishing, or just exploring the famous lighthouses and other attractions around the coast, you’ll never bet at a loss of things to do around the Outer Banks. Spend your days exploring scenic destinations including Hatteras Island and the Cape Lookout National Seashore.
#7: Virginia Beach, Virginia
One of the most relaxing beach destinations in the country, Virginia Beach is home to several beautiful vacation rental properties and boasts more than 3,300 miles of shoreline ripe for exploring. Head to the Boardwalk for a relaxing stroll, spend an afternoon boating around the coast, or make a day trip to the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge.
#8: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Another Massachusetts destination for seniors, Cape Cod is the perfect summer getaway spot because it plays host to several festivals, seafood events, and other activities all season long. Head here to enjoy great food and a small-town neighborhood atmosphere year round.
- Best time of the year to visit Hawaii
- Downtown LA Walking Tours
- Ritz-Carlton Kapalua
- Let’s Take a Tour of the Alaska Cruises
- Denver Tourist Attractions
- Attractions in Downtown Chicago
- San Diego Tourist Attractions
- Main Attractions in San Francisco
- Walt Disney World – the most visited vacation resort in the World
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park – an unforgettable family getaway
- Oklahoma Is OK When it Comes to Museums, Just Choose Your Topic
- Savannah, GA in a Day
- Dallas Travel and Tourism Guide – Top Tourist Attractions
- Unique Places to See When on Sanibel Island, Florida
- Top 8 East Coast Destinations for Senior Travel
- 4 Hotels in the Historic District of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Aquariums: Best Places for Summer, Family, and Affordable Fun
- 3 Great Lakes to Visit in California
- Tourist’s guide to the Islands of Hawaii
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
- Vermont attractions
- Golden Gate Park: Where all diverse creatures come together
- Death Valley National Park
- The Beauty Of Myrtle Beach All Inclusive Vacations
- Tangier Island
- Visit the Naples Zoo at the beautiful Caribbean Gardens
- Vancouver Aquarium: Marine gem in British Columbia
- Niagara Falls – A Natural Wonder
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Haleakala National Park: House of the Sun in Hawaii
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
- Lyric Theater, Miami
- Osceola County Courthouse, Kissimmee
- Waikiki Beach
- Venice Beach
- Inner Harbor, Baltimore
- Santa Monica
- Yosemite National Park California
- Chinatown New York
- Times Square New York
- The Statue of Liberty
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Central Park New York
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Key West Vacations
- Alcatraz San Francisco
- Universal Studio Rides
- Empire State Building
- Las Vegas Casinos
- Walt Disney World