We were very excited when we arrived for our honeymoon in Phuket, the largest island in Thailand. Nestled in gentle Andaman Sea waters, this beautiful island promised great times as soon as we got out of the airport. I was a bit tired from the journey, but still wide-eyed and giddied up to keep an eye on the road for anything that sounds interesting and should be visited in the next four days. I was taking mental notes of the sign-boards.
There came a bit of twist on the way to our apartment. When we were looking for Phuket apartments for rent long term – we used FazWaz – a Thailand-based website specialized for renting and selling apartments and villas in Thailand. Our taxi-driver suddenly decided to make a stop-over in front of a little office without so much as asking us. It was a bit eerie to wait in a taxi in a foreign country where the taxi-driver suddenly decides to disappear in a small house. However, a lady came out of the office and introduced herself. As she smiled and welcomed us to the island, we gradually warmed up to her and she, in the meantime handed us some brochures and offered us assistance to arrange everything for us – from accommodation to tours. We politely rejected her offer and asked our taxi-driver to take us to our apartment; not realizing that it was just a preamble of what Phuket is all about.
Phuket is about tourists and tourism. The Phuket people are always ready with information, always ready with smile, always ready to assist you. I have to admit it is sometimes annoying, especially when unsolicited. However, it also lets you relax and enjoy, because you know information and assistance is handy whenever you need it. After all, you go on a vacation to sit back and let go – that is, if you’re not in one of those missions to ‘see it all’.
It’s the perfect destination when you just want to take a break from your everyday life. Family vacation, honeymoon, sight-seeing that’s when you go to Phuket. And what a sight Phuket is! The gentle green sea, the little islands with white sand beaches, huge rocks looking grave in their fascinating forms and shapes in the middle of the sea, the corals in different shades of green and blue visible under the crystal clear water – altogether it’s just feast for the eyes when you venture into the sea around the island. In the island, a jungle tour awaits you to add a flavor of adventure on your holidays. Depending on your background and preferences, you can find heaps of things to do in the island. Snorkeling, diving, canoeing, riding on elephants, hiking in the jungle – all you need to do is choose how you want to have some fun. As I said, Phuket is all about tourism.
- Top five things to see and do in Tenerife
- How Much Does It Cost To Rent A Sea View Property In Malaysia?
- 9 unbelievable things you never knew about buying condos in Dubai
- An Unexpected Trip to Koh Rong
- Intense Diving in exotic Oman
- How to Travel to Japan on a Budget
- What to know about traveling in Malaysia
- Best Travel destinations in Thailand
- Traveling in Phuket, Thailand
- Reasons to Visit Bali: Inspirational Food
- Rent A Villa For Your Perfect Holiday
- Coral Cove Bay
- Hua Thanon
- Nathon Koh Samui
- Best Time for Golf in Hua Hin
- Ways to Travel Light while in the Philippines
- Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
- Israel Travel Guide
- Hidden Paradise – Ziarat Valley in Balochistan
- Beach Resorts in Goa Truly Heavenly
- Few places of interest in the Maldives
- Palm Jumeirah: Man-made wonder in Dubai
- Things to do in Bali: A Complete Holiday Experience
- Koh Samui, Thailand
- Tiananmen Square, Beijing
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai
- Victoria Peak, Hong Kong
- Repulse Bay
- Red Fort in Delhi
- Taj Mahal
- Great Wall of China