The Philippines is home to loads of awesome tourist destinations that allow you to experience memorable vacations. This is why it is one of the frequently-visited countries in Asia. There are many attractions which also come with awesome secrets waiting to be explored by anyone who dares.
What makes your vacation in the Philippines more fun, exciting and fulfilling is when you know how to travel light. This is because there are so many places to explore and having a big load may make you miss out on some of the many wonderful things offered in the more than 7,000 islands of the country.
Travelling light in the Philippines is not just about surviving on minimum items. In fact, anyone can get through a vacation from Mindanao to Luzon or vice versa in the summer with nothing more than a few thousand pesos in the wallet and nothing more than the clothes on their back. If you are an experienced traveler, you will know that the art of travelling light is just as much as a balance of convenience, time and money as it is about the physical weight in those luggages. But if you are not that experienced, then it is always good to know some tips that allows you to travel light and enjoy your vacation even more.
One of the first things to take into mind is to know the restrictions. This means checking the weight restrictions in ferries and airplanes. Airline companies will not only let you pay for excess baggage but will also restrict what items you can and cannot bring like liquid substances and umbrellas. This is also the reason why it is very important to weigh your bags before you get to the airport, especially if you are planning to buy some souvenirs on the way back.
Another important tip you can use is to travel-size your items. This tip means that you should bring smaller versions of some basic necessities like sachets instead of bottles when it comes to shampoos, toothpaste, etc.
Rolling clothes instead of stacking is also another great tip that you can use when intending to travel light. Clothes that are packed this way make it easier for you to compress it in your bag tightly. You can also easily pick out a shirt or an outfit without messing up or unpacking the rest of your clothes. In addition to this tip, you can also try to invest in a travel towel. Try the ones that are super-absorbent and light weight which are often used by athletes.
When traveling light, do not forget to get creative and pack light and wear heavy. Getting creative means knowing how to use a single item packed in your bag for multiple uses. A good example is the malong. This item, which is like a blanket that you can slip into, is a Filipino favorite when it comes to traveling light. The malong can be used as a dress, a towel, an extra bag and a blanket. On the other hand, remember that anything you are wearing during your trip to your destination are things that you do not have to pack. You can travel with your jacket, sweater, jeans and shoes instead of trying to make extra space for them in your bag.
Most 5 star hotels charge $200.00 a night plus on a normal booking but you can find cheap last minute deals at Reservations.com. Last but not the least is by making a list. Doing so will help ensure that you brought all the things you need and leave behind those that you don’t.
- Top five things to see and do in Tenerife
- Properties for Rent in Metro Manila: The 5 Best Neighborhoods!
- How Much Does It Cost To Rent A Sea View Property In Malaysia?
- 9 unbelievable things you never knew about buying condos in Dubai
- An Unexpected Trip to Koh Rong
- Intense Diving in exotic Oman
- How to Travel to Japan on a Budget
- What to know about traveling in Malaysia
- Best Travel destinations in Thailand
- Traveling in Phuket, Thailand
- Reasons to Visit Bali: Inspirational Food
- Rent A Villa For Your Perfect Holiday
- Coral Cove Bay
- Hua Thanon
- Nathon Koh Samui
- Best Time for Golf in Hua Hin
- Ways to Travel Light while in the Philippines
- Tourist Attractions in Malaysia
- Israel Travel Guide
- Hidden Paradise – Ziarat Valley in Balochistan
- Beach Resorts in Goa Truly Heavenly
- Few places of interest in the Maldives
- Palm Jumeirah: Man-made wonder in Dubai
- Things to do in Bali: A Complete Holiday Experience
- Koh Samui, Thailand
- Tiananmen Square, Beijing
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai
- Victoria Peak, Hong Kong
- Repulse Bay
- Red Fort in Delhi
- Taj Mahal
- Great Wall of China